All little children love gardens! The Gardens Trust aims to help schools and parents stimulate their children with garden visits and by improving school grounds with support from County Gardens Trust volunteers. In some cases local Trusts run competitions or award small grants to help you get started. You can find the details of your local Trust here.
The following links might also help you get underway.
Linden Groves, Beyond the Playground
New approaches to children’s play on historic gardens published by the Garden History Society. To order your free copy, email: email@example.com.
- Grant Applications (pdf, 98kb)
- Helping Schools in Making a Garden (pdf, 113kb)
- Developing Enterprising Skills (pdf, 269kb)
- Starting A School Garden Club (pdf, 207kb)
- Growing vegetables in school
- Details of a web site where school children may explore their environment and carry out experiments
- Details of a web site “Flowers, Plants and Gardening for kids”
- Advice for County Gardens Trusts on setting up School Grounds forum
- The London Parks Discovery project