Celebrating Humphry Repton
Celebrating Humphry Repton
Friday 10th and Saturday 11th August 2018
A two- day conference based at Ashridge, Hertfordshire to cast new light on the life and works of Humphry Repton and consider his legacy in landscape design. The programme comprises a series of lectures on the first day followed by a tour of the gardens at Ashridge. The second day would take a similar format with a series of lectures in the morning followed in the afternoon by a tour of Woburn Abbey gardens led by Gardens Manager Martin Towsey. The conference would finish after the tour of Woburn.
Cost to delegates attending both days with one-night accommodation, meals and visits would be £285 inc VAT.
Non-residential rate that includes dinner on the Friday night will be £150 inc VAT.
Non-residential day rates are:
Friday without dinner £56.
Friday with dinner £94.
Additional charges would be made to delegates wishing to stay the night before the conference starts or the evening after the conference closes.
Speakers that have indicated they would be able to speak at the conference include;
Professor Tom Williamson(University of East Anglia), Professor Stephen Daniels (University of Nottingham), author of the recognised work on Repton, Dr. Jonathan Finch( University of York), Dr. Sarah Rutherford( Garden Historian) ,Dr. Jane Bradney (Garden Historian), John Phibbs (Debois Landscape Survey Group and leader of the celebrations of Capability Brown in 2016 as well as an authority on the work of Repton), Michael Symes (Formerly Birkbeck, representing the Gardens Trust ) and Keir Davidson( Landscape architect and author).
Friday 10th August
Registration 10.00, Conference starts at 10.30
Speaker Title (provisional)
1. Prof. Stephen Daniels Envisioning Landscape- The Art of landscape Gardening.
2. Dr. Jon Finch Repton and the use of colour
3. Prof. Tom Williamson Contrasting landscapes and commissions: Repton in Norfolk and Hertfordshire.
4. Michael Symes Who inspired Humphry Repton?
5. Mick Thompson Repton and the Architects.
6. Dr. Sarah Rutherford Research undertaken by CGT’s into Repton
7. Tour of gardens at Ashridge Led by Mick Thompson
Saturday 11th August
1. Johnny Phibbs Title tbc.
2. Dr. Jane Bradney Lewis Kennedy and the legacy of the Red Books
3. Keir Davidson Repton’s commission for Woburn Abbey.
4. Visit to Woburn Abbey with Martin Towsey (Gardens Manager).
The residential and non-residential rates are as follows:
Full residential rate £285 (Single)
Full residential rate £485 (Double or twin)
Non-residential £150 (Includes dinner on Friday)
Optional extra B&B & dinner at Ashridge:
B&B (Thursday/Saturday) £95 (Single)
Dinner on extra days (Thursday/Saturday) £38 per day
To book your place please follow the below link to our online booking service
If you have any problems with this link, then contact Sally Rouse:
T: 01442 841028 E: firstname.lastname@example.org