All little children love gardens! The Gardens Trust aims to help schools and parents stimulate their children with garden visits and by improving school grounds with support from County Gardens Trust volunteers.
Linden Groves, Beyond the Playground
New approaches to children’s play on historic gardens published by the Garden History Society. To order your free copy, email: email@example.com.
The Gardens Trust Education Schools Co-ordinator Emma Schofield is based in Lincolnshire. Emma was presented with the Judges Award for “Inspiring work with children” and her school, Boston West Academy won RHS Gold the first time of entering in the East Midlands In Bloom Awards in 2014. Emma is always happy to give advice and she has collated ideas from all the County Garden Trusts around the country about the exciting and green fingered magic that’s going on in schools!! Contact Emma: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grant Applications (pdf, 98kb)
- Helping Schools in Making a Garden (pdf, 113kb)
- Developing Enterprising Skills (pdf, 269kb)
- Starting A School Garden Club (pdf, 207kb)
- Growing vegetables in school
- Details of a web site where school children may explore their environment and carry out experiments
- Details of a web site “Flowers, Plants and Gardening for kids”
- Advice for County Gardens Trusts on setting up School Grounds forum
- The London Parks Discovery project