We run and promote a range of learning options, which include courses, lectures, conservation training for volunteers and academic study.
Adult courses and lectures
We run online and in-person events and courses. Please visit our Events page for details.
In Autumn 2023 we are launching a new masters course in Garden History in partnership with the University of Buckingham. Find out more about the course on their website or by downloading the course brochure.
The Gardens Trust provides free training for volunteers. This capacity-building programme, which is partially funded by Historic England, enables volunteers to take a proactive role in the conservation of historic landscapes by learning skills such as:
- researching and recording historic landscapes
- writing Statements of Significance
- commenting on planning applications
- understanding planning policy
- how to appeal against a planning decision